Unable to Load Messages
Receiving LawTrades messages requires WebSocket technology. If you try to access your messages and see a loading spinner that never resolves, or an error that linked you here, it appears your system is unable to make a WebSocket connection to our servers.
Testing WebSocket Connectivity
You can use the websites listed below to test your browser’s WebSocket connectivity. Be sure to use the same browser you use to access LawTrades. These websites will determine if your browser and computer are enabled for WebSocket communications.
If you are unable to use LawTrades Messenger even after successfully testing with these websites, please text us at: (347) 523-4164 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find that WebSocket is blocked, see the suggestions below.
In the Chrome browser, go to a page experiencing the issue (Messages).
Click Ctrl-Alt-D and wait until the tests complete, then create a screenshot if there are any errors.
Software That Blocks WebSocket
Some virus scanners, firewalls, and other software products are known to interfere with WebSocket connections. Below are software known to block WebSocket connections and steps to work around the problem.
Unblocking LawTrades.com Messenger
- Open ZoneAlarm Antivirus and select the AntiVirus and Firewall panel.
- You will get two options: Basic Firewall and Applications control. Click on Configuration of Applications control configuration.
- Click on the See Programs button to get a list in a new window.
- Locate the browser that you use to access LawTrades.com. Click on each option for that browser and set "allow."
Unblocking LawTrades.com Messenger
- Open AVG, go to the home window, and select the firewall panel.
- Go to the General options and choose Interactive mode.
- Go to Applications and add a new rule to allow incoming and outgoing connections to your browser.
Unblocking LawTrades.com Messager
If you have interactive mode enabled and are asked to allow or block https://www.lawtrades.com/ just select Allow access to the whole site. Otherwise:
- Open the Kaspersky interface.
- Go to Web Policy Management.
- Select your user profile and click on Configure Restrictions.
- Select the Internet tab, click on Add Exclusions, and click the Add button.
- Type https://www.lawtrades.com/ and click the Add button.
We have also had reports of some earlier versions of the software below breaking WebSocket communications
- IOrbit Malware Fighter
- Internet Download Manager
- Superfish Visual Discovery
Please contact your software vendor’s support to determine how to configure the software to allow WebSocket communication.
Unable to Authenticate User
LawTrades Messages requires browser cookies to connect with your account. If your browser blocks cookies, you must add LawTrades.com to the exceptions or trusted sites list to access your Messages. Or you can enable cookies.
To add lawtrades.com to your list:
- Click the Chrome menu and choose Preferences.
- Scroll to the bottom of page and click the Show Advanced Settings link (or type “cookies” in the Search Settings box at the top).
- Click the Content Settings button.
- In the Cookies section click the Manage Exceptions button.
- Add lawtrades.com, set to Allow, click the Done button.
- Click the Firefox menu and choose Preferences.
- Choose the Security tab.
- Click the Exceptions button.
- Add lawtrades.com and click the Allow button.
Note: If you are using a browser other than Chrome or Firefox and need assistance enabling cookies or adding LawTrades as a trusted site, contact the browser’s customer help center or support team directly.